The Commission on Elections, so far, has recorded a total of 487,628 new registered voters, and more than half of the number were ages 15 to 17, who are set to vote in the Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) election on December 5.
The Comelec's nationwide consolidated total as of July 8, 2022 was broken down into:
- 15 to 17 year-olds: 302,040
- 18 to 30 year-olds: 157,925
- 31 year-olds and above: 27,663
Comelec acting spokesperson John Rex Laudiangco also reported the following applications for transfer:
- Applications for Transfer from Other Cities/Municipalities: 88,471
- Applications for Transfer from within the same City/Municipality: 21,270
- Applications for Transfer with Reactivation: 3,986
- Applications for Transfer with Reactivation and Correction of Entries: 1,323
- Applications for Transfer with Correction of Entries: 4,712
- Applications for Reactivation: 27,883
- Applications for Reactivation with Correction of Entries: 6,303
- Applications for Change of Names/Correction of Entries: 18,577
- Applications for Inclusion of Record in the Book of Voters: 58
- Applications for Reinstatement of Name in the List of Voters: 11
- Applications for Transfer from Overseas Voting to Local: 1,697
Overall, the total number of all applications processed was 661,919.
The Comelec resumed its voter registration last Monday, July 4, and will run until July 23, 2022 from Monday to Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Voter applicants may go to the Office of the Election Officer in their respective district or city or municipality during the said period from Monday to Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. including holidays.
Earlier, Laudiangco said the Comelec is targeting new voters for the Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) polls to register during the registration period.
"Ang target sa voters registration ay 'yung mga bagong botante para sa Sangguniang Kabataan (SK)... Ito 'yung mga magiging 15 years o 15 years old to 17 years old... Kung hindi pa 15 pero magfi-15 [years old] by December 5, 2022, pwede nang magparehistro," he said.
(The target for the voter registration are the new voters for the SK. These are those who will turn 15 years, or are already 15 to 17 years old. Those who are not yet 15 years old but will turn 15 by December 5 can already register.)
Those who are qualified to apply to vote in the regular elections, including barangay elections, are those who will be 18 years old by December 5. —LBG/VBL, GMA News