Tracker teams will be formed to look for the suspects linked to the disappearance of six sabungeros at the Manila Arena in 2022, Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla said on Thursday.
“Mag fo-form ng tracker teams para sa pursuit para dito sa mga missing suspects, the suspects who have not surrendered or have not shown up. ‘Yun po ang ating hinahanap ngayon,” Remulla said in an ambush interview following a meeting with the families of the missing sabungeros.
In February, an arrest warrant for kidnapping and serious illegal detention was issued for farm manager Julie Patidongan, Gleer Codilla, Mark Carlo Zabala, Virgilio Bayog, Johnry Consolacion, and Roberto Matillano Jr.
This is over the disappearance of John Claude Inonog, James Baccay, Marlon Baccay, Rondel Cristorum, Mark Joseph Velasco, and Rowel Gomez who went missing in January 2022.
The Department of Justice has also previously announced a P6 million reward for those who can provide information on the suspects.
According to Remulla, names of possible masterminds behind the disappearances have been mentioned but added that authorities still have no evidence.
“Merong suspicions. May sinasabi ‘yung mga tao kaya lang problema lang kapag hinanapan mo ng ebidensya, wala hong lumalabas na abidensya,” he said.
Meanwhile, Carmen Malaca, the mother of a missing sabungero, said they also reached out to President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. to request an audience but received no response.
“Nanawagan din kami kay Pangulong Marcos. Sumulat ‘yung mga kasama namin dalawang beses na na gusto namin siyang makausap sa harapan para humingi kami ng tulong pero hanggang ngayon wala. Wala, dedma lang,” Malaca said.
Remulla said that he was the alter ego of the president.
“Tayo po yung alter ego ng presidente kaya tayo po we took it upon ourselves to do this every month and time. Kasi ganon na rin yun. Ang pag harap ko po ay parang pag harap na rin ng pangulo,” he said.
“I think that the alter ego principle is very important,” he added. —NB, GMA Integrated News