LABUAN BAJO —President Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. said Tuesday that a reorganization could happen in his Cabinet as the appointment ban on losing candidates who ran in last year's elections ends on May 9, 2023.
Marcos said he is keen on appointing to certain positions some individuals who are now no longer covered by the prohibition.
"Marami. Talagang gagamitin mo 'yung one year. Asahan niyo 'yun. By the end of the first year magiging maliwanag in the sense na tapos na yung OJT ng lahat ng tao. We've seen who performs well and who is-- will be important to what we are doing," Marcos told reporters.
"So, yes, there's still going to be... I don't know about 'reshuffle' pero reorganization sa gabinete," he added.
Marcos has not identified the personalities in his list who could be given a government post.
As stated in the Section 94 of the Local Government Code, "Appointment of Elective and Appointive Local Officials; Candidates Who Lost in an Election. - (a) No elective or appointive local official shall be eligible for appointment or designation in any capacity to any public office or position during his tenure."
"Unless otherwise allowed by law or by the primary functions of his position, no elective or appointive local official shall hold any other office or employment in the government or any subdivision, agency or instrumentality thereof, including government-owned or controlled corporations or their subsidiaries," it added.—LDF, GMA Integrated News