Filtered By: Topstories
News

Sara Duterte hoping confidential fund issue ended by SC wisdom


Vice President Sara Duterte has welcomed the chance to tackle the legality of the transfer of P125 million in funds from the Office of the President to the OVP in late 2022.

Duterte issued a video statement hours after several individuals on Tuesday asked the Supreme Court to declare the transfer unconstitutional.

“Malugod po naming tinatanggap ang pagkakataong talakayin ang legalidad ng paglilipat ng pondo. Umaasa kami na ang dunong ng Korte Suprema ay magiging daan upang tuluyang matapos ang usapin na ito,” Duterte said in a video message.

(We welcome the opportunity to discuss the legality of fund transfers. We hope that the wisdom of the Supreme Court will be the way to finally end this matter.)

Duterte was earlier questioned by several members of Congress as well as other critics for the OVP’s P125 million confidential expenses in 2022 even if such an item was not provided under last year's General Appropriations Act.

For her part, she had said that the allocation of confidential funds “should not be constrained by time.”

She even went on by saying that “anyone who attacks or undermines funds allocated for peace and order is naturally assumed to have insidious motivations.” —NB, GMA Integrated News

LOADING CONTENT