Marcos still studying ICI report —Palace
President Ferdinand ''Bongbong'' Marcos Jr. is still studying the report of the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) submitted to his office, Malacañang said Wednesday.
''Inaaral pa po hanggang sa ngayon – medyo makapal po ang report na ibinigay. Pero most probably, maibibigay po kaagad namin kung ano ang mangyayari po; at kung magtutuluy-tuloy po ang ICI, ibibigay din po namin ang estado nila,'' Palace Press Officer Undersecretary Atty. Claire Castro said in a briefing.
(He's still studying it – the report was thick. But most probably, we will give updates on what will happen to the ICI and its state.)
The report was first submitted to the Office of the Executive Secretary, according to Castro.
The said report highlighted the independent body's accomplishments since it began operations in September 2025.
The ICI earlier said that from September 15, 2025 to January 18, 2026, it was able to submit nine referrals to the Office of the Ombudsman, covering 65 individuals.
In January, Malacañang said the President is still waiting for the report, echoing the President's remarks that the fate of the commission would be decided after its submission.
Marcos previously said the work of the ICI is about to be finished, adding that it already investigated what needs to be probed in the anomalous flood management projects. —VAL, GMA Integrated News