ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Topstories
News

NCRPO on full alert starting Feb. 21 for EDSA anniv, Trillion Peso March protests


NCRPO on full alert starting Feb. 21 for EDSA anniv, Trillion Peso March protests

The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) announced it will be on full alert beginning February 21 in preparation for the upcoming EDSA People Power anniversary and the planned Trillion Peso March protests.

“Full alert status ang NCRPO by February 21 ng 5 p.m.,” NCRPO spokesperson Police Major Hazel Asilo said at a press conference.

(NCRPO will be on full alert status starting February 21 at 5 p.m.)

Asilo said that while no specific threats have been monitored so far, the police continue to coordinate with intelligence agencies to ensure preparedness for any eventualities.

Regarding permits, Asilo said the Quezon City government approved the Trillion Peso March Movement’s request for a rally from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on February 25, allowing a maximum of 20,000 attendees.

More groups have submitted applications.

The NCRPO said an initial deployment of 10,000 personnel will focus on the event.

Rally organizers must follow ingress and egress rules and use specific convergence points, including White Plains.

Key sites in Manila, such as Mendiola and Ayala Bridge, will be closely monitored with personnel deployed to secure the locations. —VAL, GMA Integrated News

Tags: PNP, NCRPO