Over 14K registered to vote for 2026 BSKE, Bangsamoro polls — Comelec
More than 14,000 applicants have registered to vote for the 2026 Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections (BSKE) and the first-ever Bangsamoro parliamentary polls, the Commission on Elections (Comelec) said on Wednesday.
Latest data showed that as of February 17, a total of 14,587 registered to vote in the Bangsamoro region, of which 7,197 were female and 7,390 were male.
Maguindanao del Norte recorded the highest number of registrants at 3,944. It was followed by Maguindanao del Sur with 2,993; Basilan with 2,164; Lanao del Sur with 1,964; and the Special Geographic Area (SGA) in Cotabato with 1,941.
Tawi-tawi reported the lowest number of registrants with 1,581.
The Comelec previously announced it would resume voters' registration in the autonomous region on Monday, February 9. The elections body initially said the registration period will run until March 30 but extended it until March 31. —RF, GMA Integrated News