ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Topstories
News

Comelec PFAD to issue resolution on Marcoleta's case — Garcia


Comelec PFAD to issue resolution on Marcoleta's case — Garcia

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) has completed the investigation into Senator Rodante Marcoleta's alleged non-disclosure of election donors on his statement of contributions and expenditures (SOCE) for the 2025 May elections.

On Thursday, poll chief George Erwin Garcia said the Political Finance and Affairs Department (PFAD) has finished the probe and is set to issue a resolution on the case.

"Yes, [it is now] for resolution ng opisinang PFAD," Garcia told reporters in a Viber message.

(Yes, it is now for resolution of the PFAD.)

Garcia said Marcoleta, in his counter-affidavit, argued the donations were made before he was declared candidate pursuant to the Supreme Court jurisprudence on Penera vs. Comelec, which ruled that aspirants running under automated elections are only considered candidates on the first day of the campaign period.

In November 2025, the elections body issued a show cause order (SCO) directing Marcoleta to explain his public remarks that he did not fully disclose his campaign donors in his SOCE for last year's midterm polls.

The SCO also sought his explanation over the alleged discrepancy between his SOCE and  statement of assets, liabilities, and net worth (SALN).

According to Garcia, the investigation focused on his SOCE.

Marcoleta previously admitted that he did not declare the contributions he received for the 2025 May elections in his SOCE as his donors requested anonymity.

Based on his SOCE, the solon spent P139.9 million for his campaign in the midterm elections, higher than his declared SALN of P51,965,559. He declared zero donations. — RSJ, GMA Integrated News