ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Topstories
News

No political takeover calls allowed at Feb. 25 Trillion Peso March


No Political Takeover Calls Allowed at Feb. 25 Trillion Peso March

Calls for violence and political takeovers are not allowed during the Trillion Peso March Part 3 on Feb. 25, according to Buhay ang People Power Campaign Network co-convenor Kiko Aquino Dee.

In an interview on Friday, Aquino-Dee said that any protest groups were welcome to join the march regardless of their preferred political affiliations as long as they adhered to the rules.

“If you want to join in the audience, basta walang panawagan ng violence, walang panawagan sa ating armed forces, walang panawagan for any unelected body to take power. I welcome all of you who want to come here,” Aquino-Dee said.

(If you want to join in the audience, as long as there are no calls for violence, no calls to the armed forces, and no calls for any unelected body to take power. I welcome all of you who want to come here.)

Despite this, he noted that supporters of former President Rodrigo Duterte were often the group seen making similar calls during protests held over the past months.

He reiterated that they were still invited to participate in the protests if they wished, but reiterated that they should refrain from becoming disruptive.

“Sa dinami-daming mga grupo na nagpoprotesta during the last few months, sila lang po yung nahuli na may sinabi na kontra sa Constitution. So, siguro I would extend additional reminder na wala po tayong pinapayagan na anti-Constitution, against na Constitution na panawagan,” Aquino-Dee said.

(Among so many groups who have conducted protests over the last few months, they are the only ones caught making calls that are against the Constitution. I guess I would extend an additional reminder that we will not allow anti-Constitution, or any calls that are against the Constitution.)

“Kung susunod po kayo sa gano'ng patakaran at hindi po kayo magiging disruptive sa main program, welcome naman po kayong dumalo kung nakikisa po kayo sa panawagan laban sa corruption, laban sa political dynasties,” he added.

(If you follow these rules and you will not be disruptive to the main program, you are welcome to attend if you agree with our calls against corruption and political dynasties.)

The third iteration of the Trillion Peso March, which protests against mass corruption and the flood control mess, is set to take place all over Metro Manila during the People Power Anniversary on February 25.

Earlier, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said that they stood ready to ensure a safe and peaceful conduct of the rallies.

While no threats in connection with the protest have been detected so far, PNP said that they will deploy more than 11,000 personnel to help manage all events and public gatherings. –NB, GMA Integrated News