ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Topstories
News

DOJ files raps vs. Marcy Teodoro for sexual assault, acts of lasciviousness


+
Add GMA on Google
Make this your preferred source to get more updates from this publisher on Google.
DOJ files raps vs. Marcy Teodoro for sexual assault, acts of lasciviousness

The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Tuesday said it has filed charges against Marikina Representative Marcy Teodoro for alleged acts of lasciviousness and sexual assault.

According to the DOJ, it filed four counts of sexual assault against Teodoro with the Marikina Regional Trial Court and one count of acts of lasciviousness with the Metropolitan Trial Court (MeTC).

“The cases are now under the court’s jurisdiction and shall proceed in accordance with the Rules of Court for the conduct of trial,” it said in a statement.

This stemmed from complaints filed by Teodoro’s former close-in security.

Teodoro previously denied the accusations against him calling it "malicious and untrue."

''Ang kanilang mga alegasyon ay walang sapat na basehan at gawa-gawa lamang na ang intensyon ay sirain ang aking reputasyon,'' Teodoro said.

(Their allegations have no basis and their intention is to destroy my reputation.)

''Mukhang politically motivated attack laban sa akin. May mga trumatrabahong pwersa. Mukhang orchestrated ang paglabas ng balita, at ang lumabas na kwento ay hindi kapanipaniwala,'' he added.

(It seems that this is a politically motivated attack against me. Some forces are working against me. It seems that the release of the news was orchestrated, and that the story was unbelievable.)

He also filed two counts of perjury against the complainants.

When sought for comment, Teodoro’s camp maintained his innocence, saying he is ready to face the legal process.

“Tinatanggap ni Cong. Marcy ang oportunidad na litisin ang reklamo laban sa kanya,” lawyer Alma Mallonga, his lawyer, said in a statement.

(Congressman Marcy welcomes the opportunity to have the complaint against him heard in court.)

“Hangga't hindi ito dinggin at magkaroon ng desisyon kung saan maipapalabas ang mga kasinugalingan at kung ano talaga ang katotohahan, magpapatuloy lamang ang paninira at kawalan ng katiyakan. Ang realidad ay maraming kaaway na ito ang kagustuhan,” he added.

(As long as this is not heard and a decision is not reached that will expose the lies and establish what the truth really is, the smear campaign and uncertainty will continue. The reality is that there are many enemies who want this.)

Meanwhile, his camp also alleged that the DOJ panel of prosecutors initially recommended to dismiss his case, noting that panel that conducted the preliminary probe were not the ones who wrote or signed the DOJ resolution.

“Dahil dito, makatwirang ipagpalagay na binago ang orihinal na investigation report at recommendation ng DOJ Panel na ibasura ang mga reklamo laban kay Cong. Marcy,” Mallonga said.

(Because of this, it is reasonable to assume that the original investigation report and recommendation of the DOJ Panel to dismiss the complaints against Cong. Marcy were altered.)

GMA News Online has reached out to the DOJ for comment. — VAL/ VDV, GMA News