ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Topstories
News

QC court sets oral arguments for Sara Duterte grave threats case


+
Add GMA on Google
Make this your preferred source to get more updates from this publisher on Google.

A Quezon City (QC) court has granted Vice President Sara Duterte’s motion to set oral arguments for the grave threats case filed against her in connection with her remark that she hired an individual to kill President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. and others if she dies.

In an order, the QC Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 98 set the case for hearing and oral arguments on August 20, 2026 at 8:30 a.m.

Based on the order, three counts were filed against the vice president.

Last week, the DOJ said it filed one count of grave threats under Article 282 of the Revised Penal Code, in relation to the Cybercrime Prevention Act, with the RTC.

Following this, Duterte filed a motion to quash the information against her on the ground of lack of jurisdiction.

The RTC noted that Duterte alleged that the situation will have “serious, far-reaching, and dangerous consequences in our country’s legal system and the stability of the Philippine government.”

To recall, Duterte said that she ordered someone to kill Marcos, First Lady Liza Araneta Marcos, and former Speaker Martin Romualdez if an alleged plot against her succeeds during an online press briefing in 2024.

The Vice President earlier said her remarks were “maliciously taken out of logical context.” —LDF, GMA News