NBI has enough evidence in alleged 'honeytrap' plot to frame Ralph Recto, says Matibag
National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Director Melvin Matibag on Thursday said the bureau will soon finish its investigation into the alleged plot to frame Executive Secretary Ralph Recto.
Matibag said the NBI may come out with a resolution on the alleged "honeytrap" scheme "by next week."
“We’re preparing the proper cases to be filed. We have enough evidence already… If cases will be filed, then we file cases. Kung wala naman— we’ll come out with the resolution,” he added.
The NBI previously issued subpoenas to Batangas Representative Leandro Leviste, former lawmaker Jacinto Paras, and four lawyers.
Leviste’s camp appeared before the bureau and denied involvement in the supposed ploy, while Paras’ camp said the alleged talent manager approached them voluntarily to testify and asked for help in drafting the affidavit.
To recall, NBI agents rescued several individuals during an entrapment operation and later said that Paras allegedly told them they would be paid to create a story and sign an affidavit. They would receive their payment in tranches as the case went on. –NB, GMA News