Some ‘Nona’ evacuees in Quezon go back to their homes
A total of 271 families were evacuated in Guinayangan, Quezon in preparation for the effects of Typhoon Nona, but some of them have gone back to their homes, a report on Balitanghali on Tuesday said.
Those who left the evacuation centers said they were grateful to discover that their homes were not damaged by the strong winds and heavy rain on Monday night, GMA News' Ian Cruz reported.
Some fishermen even went fishing near the shoreline in Poblacion.
Those living near the sea said it may take three days before the waters become calm.
Meanwhile, 54 families who sought shelter at the Guinayangan National High School Monday night said Tuesday they will not leave the evacuation center to ensure the safety of their little children.
However, they are waiting word from local authorities as to when they can go back to their homes.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council has yet to receive reports from all the towns in Southern Quezon regarding damage and casualties, but so far no unfavorable report has been received. —KG, GMA News