Filtered By: Topstories
News

Davao City student dies after pageant costume catches fire


A Davao City student died after her school pageant costume caught fire, according to a Saturday report on 24 Oras Weekend.

Calinan Station firefighters reported that Cherishly Anne Bansag's Mister and Miss Intramurals costume caught fire after the candle being used to attach abaca fibers to the costume ignited the whole dress.

The student suffered burns on 84 percent of her body.

The investigation on the incident continued even as Bansag's school had yet to issue a statement on the matter. — Joahna Lei Casilao/DVM, GMA News

LOADING CONTENT