Even though Baguio is slowly loosening its quarantine restrictions, tourists from Metro Manila and other areas are still not allowed to enter the city limits.
According to Ian Cruz’ report on “24 Oras” on Monday, Mayor Benjamin Magalong said the local government has been studying when and how to reopen the city to tourists.
The Baguio City government earlier eliminated the need for mall passes and will lift the liquor ban on Tuesday as part of efforts to revive the economy.
“Marami pa kaming preparations na ginagawa rito katulad no’ng aming visitors’ processing center, kailangan nating ayusin. Pati ‘yung mobile application, tinatapos natin, nasa final stage na, ‘yung aming triage center,” Magalong said.
Baguio has logged 341 COVID-19 cases as of Monday afternoon, only 81 of which are still active.
The local government previously said that only returning residents or workers and people traveling for essential purposes or official business will be allowed to enter the city.
— DVM, GMA News