3 of 4 Cessna plane crash victims in Bicol retrieved —mayor
Three of the four victims of the Cessna plane crash in Albay have been successfully retrieved, with the fourth one expected to follow within the day, a local official said Thursday.
"As of 3:13AM, a total of 3 bodies from the Cessna 340A crash have so far been dropped off in Brgy. Anoling," Camalig, Albay Mayor Carlos Baldo said on Facebook, citing the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (MDRRMC).
"Responders carrying the last crash victim are expected to arrive within the day," he added.
Baldo did not identify the bodies that were retrieved.
Upon completion of the retrieval, the bodies will be turned over to the Scene of the Crime Operation (SOCO) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) for further assessment, Baldo said in a separate post.
Baldo said the first body was brought to Barangay Anoling on Wednesday. The second body's arrival at the same barangay was reported at 1:07 a.m. Thursday.
On February 18, the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) said Bicol International Airport air traffic controllers lost contact with the plane carrying four people — the pilot, a co-pilot, and two passengers.
CAAP said the aircraft with registry number RP-C2080 departed Bicol International Airport at 6:43 a.m. Air traffic controllers last contacted it at 6:46 a.m. when it was approaching the Camalig Bypass Road at an altitude of 2,600 feet.
The plane was expected to arrive in Manila at 7:53 a.m.
The fatalities were identified as pilot Captain Rufino James Crisostomo Jr. and co-pilot Joel G. Martin, and passengers Simon Chipperfield and Karthi Santhanam, both foreigners. —KBK, GMA Integrated News