Shortly after Herlene Budol withdrew from the Miss Planet International pageant, her manager Wilbert Tolentino revealed her experiences from the competition.
In a YouTube vlog, Tolentino showed Herlene and the other ladies rehearsing under the heat of the sun on a rooftop.
According to Tolentino, the original venue backed out from sponsoring the pageant because payment had not been settled yet. The candidates were also not given any food during break time.
Apart from these, Tolentino said the candidates had to look for their own places to stay in as the hotel promised by the organization did not push through.
Before Herlene went home, about four to six girls had already withdrawn from the competition, as they would run out of money if they stayed. Some ladies even took to Instagram to reveal how their expenses had not been reimbursed.
This urged Tolentino to pull out Herlene from the pageant.
Before going home, the beauty queen was seen crying and begging organizers that she be allowed to go.
After discussions, the Philippine representative was finally able to leave along with other candidates.
Although Herlene’s experience with the pageant wasn’t as good as expected, her team said she is still grateful for the experience. Among those she holds dearly in her heart is her time with kids in Uganda.
Herlene was announced to have withdrawn from the pageant last Saturday because of “uncertainties by organizers,” Tolentino said.
The Miss Planet International, meanwhile, was postponed to January 2023 in Cambodia.
It was initially scheduled on November 19 in Uganda. — LA, GMA Integrated News