advertisement
Filtered By: Lifestyle
Lifestyle

Richard Yap reveals he tested positive for COVID-19 in the early days of pandemic


Richard Yap revealed that he tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) early in the pandemic last year.

In Lhar Santiago's report on "24 Oras," Monday, Richard shared that he had a difficult time battling with the virus then.

"At the time, there was still no treatment for it. Also there's no one who can help you, you have to be all by yourself so psychologically, it was really very hard. There was nothing I could do but pray," he said in a mix of English and Filipino.

The Kapuso actor also can't help but feel saddened by the news of his friends also being affected by the virus.

"It's really very bothering and sad 'cause they're still young and they have their whole lives ahead of them but they’ve been taken away by this pandemic," he said.

With the rise of COVID-19 cases in the country, Richard said that he's been focusing on his health by working out and eating right with the help of his personal trainer.

Aside from doing it for himself, he also said that he's toning his body in preparation for starring in "I Left My Heart in Sorsogon" with Heart Evangelista.

Other Kapuso stars previously revealed that they also tested positive for COVID-19, such as Rhian Ramos and Glaiza De Castro.

—Franchesca Viernes/MGP, GMA News

LOADING CONTENT