Filtered By: News
News

Palace: No work in government offices in NCR, southern Luzon on Monday


Work in government offices in the National Capital Region and in southern Luzon will be suspended on Monday, Dec. 8, a Malacañang spokesperson said.
 
Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte announced early Monday that Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr. has suspended work in government agencies have been suspended "except for those agencies whose work involves the delivery of basic and health services, disaster response, and other vital public services."
 
The work suspension covers Batangas, Cavite, Laguna, Quezon, Rizal, Antipolo City, Lucena City, Marinduque, Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Palawan, and Romblon.
 
Work has also been suspended in government agencies in Caloocan, Las Piñas, Makati, Malabon, Mandaluyong, Manila, Marikina, Muntinlupa, Navotas, Parañaque, Pasay, Pasig, Pateros, Quezon City, San Juan, Taguig, Valenzuela.
 
"For the private sector, discretion to suspend work lies with the individual companies and employers. We urge employers to consider the circumstances of their employees brought about by the effects of Typhoon Ruby," Valte said.

The Supreme Court, which had earlier announced that work would continue in the judiciary despite the typhoon, said work would be suspended in light of the Palace order.


— JDS, GMA News