Screen grabs of CCTV footage showed the hours leading up to the death of a 23-year-old flight attendant who was found lifeless in a Makati hotel room on New Year’s Day.
According to Marisol Abdurahman’s “24 Oras” report, the footage showed Christine Dacera with male friends in the hallway outside her hotel room.
In one screenshot dated December 31, 11:38 p.m., Christine was seen carrying her heels and a wine glass beside two guys outside Room 2209.
In another screen grab, dated January 1, 3:22 a.m., Christine was seen barefoot talking to three men, while one other guy was looking on at them from the doorway of a room.
Just seconds later, Christine could be seen talking to one guy, while two other men were seen walking away and three more were looking on from the end of the hallway.
The footage is being reviewed by police.
Dacera was found dead in the bathtub around noontime of January 1.
“Hindi po natin masasabi. It could be possible na meron siyang na-take or it could be possible na merong pinainom sa kanya unwillingly or hindi niya alam,” Metro Manila police chief Police Brigadier General Vicente Danao Jr. said.
“Hindi pa natin masabi talaga kasi wala pong nakakita sa aktwal na pangyayari at wala rin pong makapagsabi kung namatay ba siya sa rape or meron bang pinainom sa kanya,” he added.
Three people have so far been nabbed and charged with rape with homicide in connection to Dacera’s death, while nine others are still at large.
“If you have nothing to hide, then siguro I would advise you to voluntarily surrender yourselves sa police station. Kung takot po kayong sumurrender, puwede po kayong magpasama sa mga abogado ninyo, puwede rin po kayong pumunta sa simbahan, samahan ng pari. Kasi kung wala naman kayong kasalanan, e bakit kayo magtatago?” Danao urged.
He also warned those who were last seen with Dacera against waiting too long before appearing before authorities.
“Kasi pag lumabas ‘yung warrant of arrest, e baka manlaban kayo. Alam niyo na sa’n kayo pupunta,” Danao threatened.
The regional director also said the hotel management may be held liable for the incident.
“If their room is only good for four, dapat dalawa lang [ang occupants] kasi GCQ (general community quarantine) pa tayo ngayon e. So why did they allow ‘yung gano’n karami? Two rooms, ten people. So it’s already a violation of the IATF rule,” he said.
The Department of Tourism has already ordered the City Garden Grand Hotel to explain why it should not be suspended following Dacera’s death.
The victim’s bereaved family is also eyeing complaints against the establishment.
Makati police, meanwhile, said Dacera knew the hotel manager, who was even with them at the party.
The hotel is yet to release a statement on the incident.—Julia Mari Ornedo/LDF, GMA News