Filtered By: News
News

Many party-list groups turned down from taking part in 2016 elections —Comelec


A good number of party-list organizations have been denied their bid to participate in next year's party-list elections, Commission on Elections chairman Andres Bautista said on Tuesday.

Bautista refused to elaborate but added that the the two Comelec divisions handling the party-list applications had been given until October 5 to finalize the resolutions on the party-list groups.

“Mas madaming disapproved... parang teacher yan e, minsan sa teacher safe lang, minsan mababa magbigay ng grade,” Bautista said

Bautista said groups that were rejected could still appeal their cases before the commission en banc.
 
“After the division of the party-list concerned, in case they are turned down, they have the remedy of filing motion for reconsideration with the Comelec en banc,” he said.
 
The Comelec is looking to finalize by December 5 the roster of party-list organizations running in the next elections.

Two hundred forty-three party-list groups filed their respective Manifestations of Intent to Participate in the 2016 elections in May.

The number was higher than the 183 party-list groups that filed Manifestations of Intent to Participate in the 2013 midterm elections. —NB, GMA News
LOADING CONTENT