advertisement
Filtered By: News
News
ADMIN RAPS POISED

Cops admit Kian the one being dragged in CCTV video —IAS


Two of the three police officers allegedly involved in the shooting-death of Kian Loyd delos Santos have admitted to investigators that it was the 17-year-old student they were dragging along the alley and not an informant as earlier claimed.

Internal Affairs Service Inspector General Alfegar Triambulo said the disclosures were among the findings turned up in the investigation the IAS conducted on Delos Santos' killing while in police custody last week.

Triambulo said administrative raps are poised against the policemen involved in Delos Santos' case after the IAS found lapses in the alleged drug operation that led to the Grade 11 student's killing in Caloocan City.

“Inamin ng dalawang pulis na sila nga daw ang nag-akbay kay Kian at si Kian ang nasa video at taliwas sa kanilang unang sinasabi na ‘yun ay informant,” Triambulo told reporters.

Police witness Renato Loberas, a drug suspect presented by police, earlier claimed  Kian was not the victim police was dragging away as seen on closed-circuit television footage.

“Sa ngayon sa nakikita namin, ayon sa mga testimonya, sa video footage, malamang apparently mayroong lapses kaya kami ay  magrerekomenda na file-an ng kaso, apparently may irregularity in the performance of duty,” Triambulo said.

He said the IAS will submit on Wednesday to Philippine National Police chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa the result of their initial investigation with the recommendation of charges to be filed.

“Magsa-submit na ng report kay chief PNP bukas at maglalagay na kami ng initial recommendation na kakasuhan ‘yung mga involved na personnel,” Triambulo said.

“Kasi ang tinitingnan namin ay kung talagang nagviolate sila ng kanilang tungkulin bilang isang pulis.  Apparently, may violation kaya tayo nagi-imbestiba kasi ang trabaho ng pulis ay arestuhin, yun ang mission.  Kung may namatay o na-injure during operation, apparently may irregular sa kanilang tungkulin,” he added.

Triambulo said IAS has yet to complete their probe because it has yet to see the report of the Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO).

He said the IAS would compare the report with the testimonials and other pieces of evidence in their possession.

“Hindi pa tapos ang investigation dahil titingnan pa yung SOCO report. Iyang mga bagay na ‘yan it will only corroborate sa  statements  kung sino talaga ang  nagsasabi ng totoo, kung yung sa pulis na lumaban o ‘yung version na pinatay,” Triambulo said.

“Para alamin natin sa object and documentary evidence, sa examination ng SOCO, kung ang testigo, kung ang sinasabi ng pulis ay magja-jive sa physical and documentary evidence para maevaluate kung sino ang nagsasabi ng tutuo,” he added.

Triambulo said the IAS investigators conducted ocular inspection anew and interviewed the other police personnel who were possibly involved in Kian’s case.

“Nakikita sa record na ang operation ay involving 13 pesonnel, kaya nag-ocular inspection, bumalik, pumunta sa area, nag-interview pa sa ibang pulis na allegedly involved in the operation para kung sila ay kasama,  aming irerequest na sila ay aming disarmahan at ilagay sa restrictive custody,” Triambulo said.

He said this is to encourage other witnesses to come out. 

“Para maglabasan, hindi matatakot ‘yung witnesses, para hindi matakot yung iba na pwedeng magbigay ng impormasyon dahil yung pulis ay aming nadisarmahan, para mapanatag ang tao na sila ay magbigay ng impormasyon at matuklasan natin ang totoo,” Triambulo said

At present, under restrictive custody were Police Officer 4 Arnel Oares; Police Officer 1 Jeremias Pereda; and Police Officer 1 Jerwin Cruz.

Chief Inspector Amor Cerilo, the precinct commander, has also been relieved of his post.

Caloocan City police chief Senior Superintendent Chito Bersaluna, on the other hand, has been placed under administrative relief to “preclude the possibility of his influence over the investigation of the incident.” —NB/KVD, GMA News

LOADING CONTENT