The Department of Health has asked for police assistance after a person who had been in contact with the country's first two confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection refused to be admitted at a hospital.
Health Undersecretary Eric Domingo said the person had symptoms related to nCoV.
He said the local government concerned had also been asked for help.
Domingo at a press briefing said that 203 persons who had been at close range with the infected Chinese couple had been traced and assessed by health authorities.
Of this number, 188 were advised for home quarantine. Fifteen others were showing symptoms such as fever, cough, and colds.
"Doon sa 15 na 'yun, 14 are isolated for monitoring... 'Yung isa initially nagre-refuse magpa-admit so nagpapatulong na kami sa LGU saka sa pulis," Domingo said.
Among the 15 symptomatic persons were three health workers, he added.
All are now in stable condition.
Domingo did not disclose the whereabouts of the said persons.
Meanwhile, the Metro Manila Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council is also requesting protocols from the police on handling persons under investigation who are refusing admission to hospitals.
As of 12 noon on Wednesday, the country has three confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection.
Of the 133 suspected cases of novel coronavirus infection that the DOH has recorded, 115 are still admitted at hospitals while 16 others were already discharged. —NB, GMA News