Filtered By: News
News
CONFLICT-THREATENED AREAS TO RECEIVE P1.5M

Gov’t to give P20-M to conflict-cleared barangays – Año


Interior Secretary Eduardo Año revealed that the government planned to give P20 million to barangays cleared of conflict and P1.5 million to areas threatened by conflict.

In a statement on Sunday, the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) said that the funding was for development projects in the community.

“Simula noong Hulyo 2016 hanggang Nobyembre 2019, namahagi na ang pamahalaan ng tulong pinansyal sa 2,882 na mga kababayan nating nagbalik-loob,” Año added.

“Bukod pa rito ang pagkakaloob ng tulong pangkabuhayan para sa 1,788 na dating rebelde sa pagnanais nating maging produktibo muli sila sa kanilang buhay.” 

Last week, the DILG Secretary led the demilitarization of 21 firearms surrendered by former rebels in CALABARZON. Año commended the mayors, law enforcers, and armed forces in the region.

“Kaya naman malaking bagay na ibinaba na ng ating mga nagbabalik-loob na kababayan ang kanilang mga sandata na siyang nangangahulugan ng pagyakap nilang muli at pagbabalik sa batas,” he said. — Joviland Rita/DVM, GMA News

Tags: news, eduardoano, dilg