The last three Filipinos repatriated from M/V Diamond Princess and quarantined in New Clark City in Capas, Tarlac who showed some symptoms tested negative for COVID-19 infection, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said on Monday.
Earlier, 10 repatriates already tested negative for the virus.
Duque said the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) reported the latest results on Sunday.
“They turned out negative, according to the latest report from RITM. But we have to validate that because I think that was yesterday morning or afternoon that they reported negative for the last three cases so far,” he said in an interview on CNN Philippines.
At least 458 Filipinos from the repatriation mission in virus-hit cruise ship Diamond Princess in Japan are under quarantine at the Athletes’ Village in New Clark City since February 26.
They were joined by teams from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and Department of Health as well as the crew on the two flights who also had to undergo mandatory quarantine.
On Twitter on Monday, DFA Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. welcomed Duque's pronouncement and thanked Japan for its assistance.
"There you go @DFAPHL and thank you so much Japan," he tweeted.
—Joviland Rita/KG, GMA News