Filtered By: News
News

Workers, travellers stranded in tourist destinations seek help


Stranded workers and domestic travellers in Bohol and other tourist destinations in the country asked the government to help them return to their respective provinces.

According to a 24 Oras report by JP Soriano on Tuesday, several resorts and establishments near Anda and Panglao in Bohol remained closed amid the enhanced community quarantine.

Ryan Nonibo, a restaurant server, said he had been stuck in Panglao for more than a month.

“Wala na rin kaming pera. Halos wala ng makain kasi wala na kaming trabaho eh. Kaya ito po kami ngayon at tsaka dito po kami sa Bohol, stranded kasi walang biyahe. Sana po makauwi na rin kami,” Nonibo said.

Latest data from the Department of Tourism showed that there were 2,267 stranded domestic travellers in tourist destinations across the country.

The DOT said it had organized sweeper flights to ferry stranded travellers back to their provinces.

“We just got IATF approval yesterday and we will be scheduling our sweeper fights this week,” Tourism Secretary Bernadette Puyat said.

Stranded domestic travellers who want to join the sweeper flights may reach the DOT through 0998 592 5827.

The DOT added that internship students stranded in various resorts in Boracay, Bohol and Palawan were included in the sweeper flights. — Ma. Angelica Garcia/DVM, GMA News