The national government has authorized the Department of Health to give exemptions to persons traveling between general community quarantine and enhanced community quarantine areas for medical reasons, Malacañang said Monday.
Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said the travel should be for “urgent life saving medical interventions and other medical considerations.” He did not elaborate.
Under the current guidelines, non-essential entry and exit of people to and from the ECQ zone shall be prohibited, except for the following:
2) government officials and government frontline personnel
3)those traveling for medical or humanitarian reasons
4) persons transiting to the airport for travel abroad
5) workers in permitted establishments and persons providing essential goods and services and public utilities
6) essential skeletal workforce
7) repatriated overseas Filipino workers and non-OFWs returning to their residences
8) other persons transported through the efforts of the national government upon conduct of the necessary quarantine protocols and in concurrence with the receiving local government units
Transit across localities in the same community quarantine setup will be treated as movements within a single GCQ or ECQ zone. —LDF, GMA News