Filtered By: News
News

COVID-19 testing breached 2 million mark mid-August –Vince Dizon


The Philippine government surpassed its target and total COVID-19 testing breached the two million mark halfway through August, testing czar Vince Dizon said on Tuesday.

"Dahil po sa efforts ng [Department of Health] at ng ating iba't ibang ahensiya, mahigit dalawang milyon na ang ating nate-test. Target po natin yan sana sa katapusan ng Agosto, pero ngayon kalagitnanan pa lang ng Agosto nalampasan na natin ang dalawang milyon," Dizon said at a Palace briefing.

Less than 20,000 people were tested back in March.

Dizon previously said the country was on track to meet the two million target, considering that it breached its earlier target of 30,000 tests per day last July 25 with 33,000 tests conducted.

There were 109 laboratories nationwide licensed to conduct testing for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

The DOH announced that the total number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases in the Philippines leaped to 169,213 on Tuesday after 4,836 new infections were recorded. — DVM, GMA News

LOADING CONTENT