President Rodrigo Duterte is negative for COVID-19 infection based from his most recent swab test, according to his former close aide, Senator Bong Go.
Go made the remark amid concerns about the President's health after some members of the Presidential Security Group (PSG) contracted the disease.
"Regular naman pong nagpapa-swab test si Pangulong Duterte at, so far naman po, sa awa ng Diyos, ay negatibo naman po kung pagbabasehan po 'yung last niya pong swab test," Go said in a radio interview.
(President Rodrigo Duterte regularly gets swab tests and so far, by the grace of God, he is negative according to his last swab test.)
"So, wala po kayong dapat ikabahala pero we cannot take chances. Ika nga, hindi natin puwedeng isugal, bagama't alam n’yo po na si Pangulo talagang gustong lumabas," he added.
(So there is nothing to worry about but of course we cannot take chances. We cannot gamble on it, but the President himself wants to go out.)
A report by Tuesday Niu on Super Radyo dzBB said Duterte last took a swab test during the Holy Week.
The President's Talk to the Nation scheduled on Wednesday was postponed due to the number of virus cases among the PSG.
PSG Commander Jesus Durante III said that at least 45 members of the PSG tested positive for COVID-19.
On Wednesday evening, Go posted a photo of him and Duterte showing the President busy with paperwork in Manila, dispelling rumors that the 76-year-old leader had suffered a mild heart attack. —KBK, GMA News