Motorists on Sunday may now use East Service Road in Barangay Cupang, Muntinlupa after it was cleared of debris from an accident from the Skyway Extension construction project.
The road has already been cleared of the crane, steel girder and affected vehicles, according to a report by Luisito Santos on Dobol B sa News TV.
Earlier on Sunday, traffic personnel implemented a stop-and-go one-lane scheme due to clearing operations.
Traffic was totally clear as of 6 a.m. on East Service Road.
Meanwhile, linemen of Manila Electric Co. (Meralco) remain in the area to fix the wires that were hit when a steel girder used for the Skyway Extension construction project fell on East Service Road below, hitting at least six vehicles.
One person died and at least four were injured in the said accident on Saturday morning.
“At 8:50 this morning, a crane that was being positioned for its next task tilted and fell on the girder spanning the two posts of the north-bound Skyway extension project,” EEI Corp., the contractor for Skyway Extension project, said in a statement issued on Saturday.
“The girder fell on vehicles below, killing at least one and injuring at least four persons who were rushed by ambulances from the Skyway O&M Corp. and EEI to various hospitals,” EEI said.
Due to the accident, the completion of the P10-billion Skyway Extension project from Susana Heights, Muntinlupa all the way to Sucat, Parañaque has been pushed back from December 2020 to February 2021.
Muntinlupa City Representative Ruffy Biazon on Saturday called for an urgent and in-depth investigation into the incident. —KG, GMA News