Siquijor Mystics players Miguel Castellano and Michael Sereño will not be included in the team's ban from the Pilipinas VisMin Super Cup.
Siquijor was expelled from the league earlier this week after a controversial game against Lapu-Lapu that was cancelled at halftime. Its players and coaches were also banned from any activities in the league.
But VisMin on Saturday said that two players from the Mystics were exempt as they were found to not be present during the controversial match.
"Our doctors here have confirmed that Miguel was really nursing an injury that caused him to miss the game," VisMin Super Cup chief operations officer Rocky Chan said in a statement.
Sereño, meanwhile, left the VisMin Cup bubble prior to the start of the tournament last April 9.
He aired his disappointment with the team following the incident.
"Bilang isang baskebolista, hindi pa ako umaabot sa buong buhay ko na magkalat sa propesyon kasi ito ang pangarap ko at hindi ako tinuruan ng mga mentors ko na magloko sa laro," Sereño said in a statement.
The league is also reviewing the case of Vincent Tangcay, who did not play in the game.
Aside from the sanctions on Siquijor, VisMin Super Cup also handed fines and suspensions on players and coaches from the Lapu-Lapu side.
Lapu-Lapu's Rendell Senining on Thursday apologized for his role in the match, though he says ‘no game-fixing’ occurred from their end.
The Games and Amusements Board said they are 'closely watching' the league, while the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas on Saturday said they are looking to give sanctions to the league and the players involved in the incident. —Justin Kenneth Carandang/JMB, GMA News