Sprinter Trenten Anthony Beram became the first Filipino athlete to win two gold medals in the 2017 SEA Games, after he emerged victorious in the Men's 400 meters Thursday night.
In a neck and neck race, Filipino-American Beram finished with a time of 46.39 seconds, narrowly beating Thailand (46.46s) and Vietnam (46.48s).
Beram won his first gold just the night before, in the Men's 200 meters where he clocked in at 20.84 seconds and beat Thailand and Malaysia.
With Beram's victory, the Philippines now has 15 gold medals, 18 silver medals, and 31 bronze medals.
The Philippines remains in sixth place with a total medal haul of 64 medals.
So far, these are the other Filipino athletes who have won gold medals in the 2017 SEA Games:
- Mary Joy Tabal — Women's marathon
- Nikko Bryan Huelgas — Men's triathlon
- Marion Kim Mangrobang - Women's triathlon
- Reyland Capellan — Men's gymnastics (floor)
- Kaitlin de Guzman — Women's gymnastics (uneven bars)
- Agatha Wong — Women's wushu (taijiquan)
- Brennan Wayne Louie — Men's fencing (foil individual)
- Eric Cray — Athletics - Men's 400-meter hurdles
- Aries Toledo — Athletics - Men's decathlon
- Trenten Anthony Beram — Athletics - Men's 200 meters
- Philippine team — Men's lawn bowl (Fours)
- Eumir Felix Marcial — Men's Middleweight Division (75 kg)
- Marvin John Nobel Tupas — Men's Light-Heavyweight Division (81 kg)
- Philippine team — Ice hockey
— MDM, GMA News