ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Topstories
News

Fire hits Caloocan residential area


+
Add GMA on Google
Make this your preferred source to get more updates from this publisher on Google.

A two-story house in Barangay 31, Maypajo, Caloocan City was gutted by fire early Tuesday morning.

The fire broke out around 4 a.m. and reached the first alarm, GMA News’ James Agustin reported on Unang Balita.

Around 25 fire trucks responded to the scene to contain the blaze.

Huge flames and thick smoke were seen in the area.

Some firefighters positioned themselves on rooftops to better direct water at the fire.

Residents also joined efforts to contain the fire by helping supply water to fire trucks using buckets, according to a report of Allan Gatus on Super Radyo dzBB.

Road access in the area temporarily became difficult due to the narrow streets and the number of responding fire trucks, according to the radio news report.

The three family members living in the house were able to escape safely.

One of the residents said they woke up when the fire had already grown at the back of the house being used as a storage area.

No belongings were saved from the fire.

Authorities said nearby houses were spared from the blaze because the affected house had a firewall that prevented the flames from spreading.

The blaze was extinguished after more than an hour.

The Bureau of Fire Protection is continuing its investigation to determine the cause of the fire and estimate the cost of the damage. —Joviland Rita/KG, GMA News