Senate allows WFH for staff without plenary duties on Aug. 19, 2026
Senate officials and employees who are not directly involved in Wednesday's plenary session are authorized to work from home on Aug. 19, 2026, Senate Secretary Renato Bantug Jr. said.
The work-from-home arrangement was directed by Senate President Sherwin Gatchalian, taking into consideration Memorandum Circular No. 129 issued by the Office of the President on Tuesday.
Malacañang instructed schools and government offices in the National Capital Region and other areas affected by the Southwest Monsoon or Habagat to shift to alternative work arrangements on Wednesday.
Bantug said heads of offices of the Office of the Sergeant-at-Arms, Legislation, External Affairs and Relations (Special Services), Management and General Services Bureau, Media and Documentation Bureau, Public Relations and Information Bureau, Enterprise Data Processing-Management Information Systems, and Senate Management Unit were directed to submit a list of essential personnel who need to report for work in connection with Wednesday's plenary session.
Work arrangements for Senate proper employees will be left to the discretion of their respective senators, according to the advisory.
Bantug said another advisory would be issued if circumstances warrant the cancellation of Wednesday's plenary session.
The Senate impeachment court earlier on Tuesday suspended the trial of Vice President Sara Duterte due to the continuous rains caused by the Southwest Monsoon (Habagat). —LDF, GMA News