Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri said Thursday he sees no need to undergo another coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) test as he believes the first one he took was accurate as he remembers having slight fever before going asymptomatic.
"In my case, I feel that the first and only test I had was accurate as I remembered that I had a slight fever Wednesday last week and was asymptomatic already by Monday after," Zubiri said in a statement.
"It’s possible that I'm beating the virus so I will just continue my isolation for another eight days to complete the protocol," he added.
On Monday, Zubiri announced that he tested positive for COVID-19. He initially said he was not showing any symptoms.
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said Zubiri's test result could be "false positive" and if there were only enough test kits in the country, he would suggest a re-test to be done on the senator.
Zubiri said a re-test is not necessary and that the remaining test kits shall be allocated for those who need it more, considering the limited supply.
"With all due respect to our dear Secretary, I feel that the remaining available testing kits should be utilized by those who need them the most, like frontline medical personnel and symptomatic patients, especially the elderly," he said.
"Whatever test that will be done on me later on will be from the 10,000 kits our private sector group Art Rocks is paying for and bringing in from Korea as donations to frontline hospitals and not from government sources," he added.—AOL, GMA News