ICI chief: ‘We will fight to the very end, if allowed’
The Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) will do its task of investigating and referring cases related to the flood control scandal and fight corruption to the very end, if they are allowed to do so.
ICI chair and retired Supreme Court Associate Justice Andres Reyes Jr. made the remarks before the Manila Overseas Press Club in Makati City, where he highlighted the fact-finding body’s accomplishments since its creation in September 2025.
“Masyado silang swapang (they are too greedy), too selfish. You don’t need so many houses, you don’t need so many watches, you don’t need so many shoes. You can trust us that we will not abandon our fight against corruption, we will fight to the very end, if allowed,” Reyes said on Thursday night.

It its 1,000-page report submitted to President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. earlier this month, the ICI said it submitted nine referrals for prosecution or further investigation to the Ombudsman covering 64 individuals.
It also coordinated the referral of “another set of 66 individuals to the Department of Justice (DOJ).”
“Sana more, pero wala na akong member (I wish we could do more, but I no longer have any members),” Reyes said.
Asked about what he meant by “if allowed,” Reyes said he “could not function as much as I have.”
He declined to comment on whether he wants new commissioners to be appointed or if he has spoken or wants to speak to the President.
It may be recalled that in December last year, two ICI commissioners resigned on separate occasions and for different reasons.
Former Public Works Secretary Rogelio “Babes” Singson quit due to health and security reasons, while Rossana Fajardo said she already completed the work she set out to accomplish.
Before the resignations, the body received and has not yet acted on around 100 boxes of evidence on flood control projects from the Philippine National Police – Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG).
In addition, the ICI has yet to act on a copy of the P6.95 billion plunder and graft complaint filed by former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV against former President Rodrigo Duterte, Senator Christopher “Bong” Go, his father Deciderio Lim Go, the owner of CLTG Builders, Inc. and half-brother Alfredo Armero Go, the owner of Alfrego Builders and Supply.
Also pending is a P4.4 billion complaint against Davao City 1st District Rep. Paolo Duterte, and a complaint filed by the Land Transportation Office (LTO) against the Zaldy Co-linked contractor Sunwest Corp. for an unused Central Command Center.
When asked if he could consider the ICI’s job done given the pending complaints, Reyes said: “We are still working on these cases.”
Previously, Malacanang said Marcos would just wait for the ICI’s report before deciding on its fate. As of Wednesday, the Palace said the President is still studying the ICI’s 125-day report.
Later on, Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro said it would be better if the ICI would talk to Marcos about its fate. — JMA, GMA Integrated News