Marcos-Leni meeting 'finalized' way before Sara’s announcement, says Pangilinan
Senator Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan on Friday said that the upcoming meeting between President Ferdinand ''Bongbong'' Marcos Jr. and former vice president and incumbent Naga City Mayor Leni Robredo has nothing to do with any person vying for a post in the 2028 national elections.
Pangilinan told GMA News Online that Marcos’ visit to Naga City on Saturday, February 21, had already been finalized before Vice President Sara Duterte announced her plans to run for president.
“Ang pagkaalam ko base sa meeting namin ni Executive Secretary [Ralph] Recto two weeks ago, that this was finalized way before the announcement of VP Sara. So walang kinalaman itong pagpunta ni PBBM sa Naga sa mga kandidato sa 2028,” Pangilinan said.
(My understanding, based on our meeting with Executive Secretary Recto two weeks ago, is that this was finalized way before the announcement of VP Sara. So PBBM’s visit to Naga has nothing to do with any candidates in the 2028 elections.)
GMA News Online reached out to Recto to confirm the senator’s message.
Palace Press Officer Undersecretary Atty. Claire Castro said Thursday that Marcos and Robredo are set to meet over the weekend for the implementation of Oplan Kontra Baha in Naga City, Camarines Sur.
Castro said no information was given yet if the two will discuss political plans.
The upcoming Marcos-Robredo meeting was publicized a day after Duterte formally announced her plans to run for president in the 2028 elections.—LDF, GMA Integrated News