ADVERTISEMENT
Filtered By: Topstories
News

Jonvic Remulla out as SILG? Palace says no info yet


+
Add GMA on Google
Make this your preferred source to get more updates from this publisher on Google.
Jonvic Remulla out as SILG? Palace says no talks yet

Malacañang said Monday there have been no discussions on supposed calls to have Jonvic Remulla replaced as secretary of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).

Palace Press Officer Undersecretary Claire Castro said this at a press briefing, emphasizing that there is no information yet regarding speculations that Remulla will be removed from office and will be replaced by either former DILG chief Benhur Abalos or former senator Antonio Trillanes IV.

Castro said that the last time she saw President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. and Remulla talked was on Thursday. This was the day after the shooting incident at the Senate.

“Wala po sa akin ha, personal ko, wala naman akong nakitaan na natanggal ang tiwala ng Pangulo kay Secretary Jonvic Remulla sa ngayon,” Castro said.

(Personally, I don't see that the President's trust in Secretary Jonvic Remulla has diminished as of now).

Calls for Remulla's replacement as DILG chief grew following the commotion at the Senate last week and former Ako Bicol party-list Rep. Zaldy Co getting out of Czech custody in April.

“Wala pa pong anumang makukomento sa panawagang ‘yan. Hindi po ito napag-uusapan sa ngayon,” Castro said.

(There’s nothing to comment about that. It has not been discussed at this time.)

To recall, Remulla went to the Senate on Wednesday night amid the Senate lockdown, during which gunshots were heard.

Remulla said he asked Senate President Alan Peter Cayetano to allow him and 30 police officers "to secure the senators."

Hours after the shooting incident, Senator Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa, who is facing an arrest warrant from the International Criminal Court, reportedly slipped out of the Senate premises.

As for Co's case, Remulla was also criticized for the supposed wrong timeline set for bringing the former lawmaker back to the country.

Remulla apologized for earlier saying that Co could be brought back to the Philippines in one to three weeks. He said he thought the process for repatriating individuals in the Czech Republic was the same as in the Philippines. — RSJ, GMA News