Senate personnel arrive at CIDG amid shooting incident probe
Personnel from the Senate arrived at the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) office in Camp Crame, Quezon City on Wednesday morning.
This is amid the investigation into the shooting incident that transpired in the Senate last May 13.
Office of the Senate Sergeant-at-Arms (OSAA) officer-in-charge Manuel Parlade, a CCTV operator, and other OSAA personnel are expected to appear at the CIDG on Wednesday.
Parlade was designated as OIC after the suspension of acting Sergeant-at-Arms Mao Aplasca following the shooting incident at the Senate.
Earlier on Tuesday, the CIDG also issued subpoenas to former Senate Secretary Mark Llandro Mendoza, Aplasca, and several other OSAA personnel.
Gunshots were heard at the Senate in the evening of May 13.
Malacañang earlier said Aplasca fired the first warning shot.
Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla initially said that OSAA personnel fired 27 shots while a National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) agent fired five shots.
Aplasca said the OSAA personnel issued a verbal warning first before firing a gun.
The incident happened as the Senate was on lockdown and Senator Ronald Bato dela Rosa was under the protective custody of the upper chamber amid the International Criminal Court (ICC) warrant against him in connection with the Duterte administration’s drug war.
Hours after the shooting, the senator left the Senate building. — RSJ, GMA News