Mao Aplasca says CCTV videos on Senate shooting 'spliced'; Jonvic Remulla cites timestamp
Suspended Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Mao Aplasca on Wednesday said the CCTV videos showing the shooting incident inside the chamber last week were "spliced."
"We are preparing the complete videos, as to what they did, they spliced the videos. And they just selected the videos that will support their narrative. And I think it's not correct," said Aplasca.
"Yung sabi nila walang attack. Bigyan niyo kami ng konting panahon," he added.
Interior Secretary Juanito Victor "Jonvic" Remulla denied Aplasca's claim.
“No, not at all. May timestamp naman lahat eh, so it couldn’t have been spliced. Those were direct from CCTV cameras of the Senate, their servers. And hindi pwedeng spliced ‘yun dahil may timestamp din siya,” he said.
(It can’t be spliced because it has a timestamp.)
He also said he was not surprised by the possible filing of criminal charges against him in relation to the shooting incident.
"It is expected," Aplasca told reporters in an ambush interview.
The Philippine National Police (PNP) earlier said it is recommending the filing of charges against suspended acting Aplasca and two other Senate security personnel in connection with the May 13 shooting incident at the Senate.
This is related to the possible violations of the Rules of Engagement and the provisions of Republic Act No. 11917, or the Private Security Services Industry Act.
According to Aplasca, he has yet to face the PNP-CIDG after subpoenas were issued against him and other Office of the Senate Sergeant-at-Arms (OSAA) personnel as part of their investigation.
"It is not true we were withholding evidence – CCTV, firearms," he said.
Meanwhile, Aplasca also confirmed a security coordination meeting was conducted at the OSAA with representatives from the GSIS Security Office on May 12.
"Our meeting is about the impending impeachment security preparation. I invited the security manager of GSIS, he was there. He didn't say anything about the NBI's arrival here," he said.
On May 13, live television footage captured the sound of gunshots and people fleeing inside the Senate building, where Senator Ronald dela Rosa sought protective custody amid a possible arrest.
Senate President Alan Peter Cayetano previously said the chamber was "under attack". However, Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla said initial findings found there was no evidence the Senate was under siege.—LDF, GMA News