PNP denies 'spliced' Senate shooting videos
The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Thursday denied allegations that the released videos of the Senate shooting incident had been edited or “spliced.”
“Una-una po, naipasa na ng PNP sa Department of Justice yung nasabing ebidensya. Ito po yung kabuuan ng information, CCTV footages, at iba pa,” PNP spokesperson Police Brigadier General Randulf Tuaño said in a press briefing.
(First of all, the PNP has already forwarded the said evidence to the DOJ. This is the entirety of the information, CCTV footages, and others.)
“Pangalawa, ang sinasabi nga po ng Philippine National Police na meron naman pong proseso at forensic examination para ma-validate yung mga information na isinumite ng PNP sa DOJ,” he added.
(Secondly, the PNP is saying that there is a process and forensic examination to validate the information submitted by the PNP to the DOJ.)
The statement comes a day after suspended Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Mao Aplasca said the CCTV videos showing the shooting incident inside the upper chamber on May 13 were "spliced."
TIMELINE: What happened before, during, after Senate shooting incident
Tuaño, however, maintained that the evidence provided by the police was anchored in facts and due process.
“Matibay po ang paninindigan ng PNP kaugnay ng mga ebidensya na isinumite sa DOJ na ito po ay nakaangkla sa facts, evidence, at due process,” he said.
(The PNP's stance regarding the evidence submitted to the DOJ is firm, anchored in facts, evidence, and due process.)
The PNP has recommended the filing of charges against Aplasca and two other Senate security personnel in connection with the shooting incident.
The PNP’s Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) said possible violations of the Rules of Engagement and the provisions of the Private Security Services Industry Act were committed by the OSAA personnel. —VAL, GMA News