Odette death toll in Bohol climbs to 111
TAGBILARAN CITY - At least 111 people have died in Bohol after Typhoon Odette battered the province and other areas of Visayas and Mindanao in December last year.
The provincial government of Bohol reported on Tuesday that Ubay and Talibon, one of the hardest-hit towns, reported 14 deaths.
Bien Unido and Loon towns reported seven deaths each, followed by San Miguel and Pres. Carlos P. Garcia towns with six deaths each.
The towns of Inabanga, Catigbian and Getafe have reported a total of 15 fatalities.
The provincial government also reported a total of 2,040 injured persons, while the total number of missing was placed at 5.
A total of 61,010 individuals were evacuated.
Meanwhile, Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office chief Dr. Anthony Damalerio said the initial damage in all sectors in Bohol was placed at P10 billion.
Typhoon Odette also left significant damage to agriculture. Dr. Larry Pamugas, assistant provincial agriculturist, said initial cost of damage to agriculture is P3.1 billion.
Pamugas said the figures are just initial figures since some municipalities have yet to submit to his office the final findings as to the cost of damages in their respective areas. -- BAP, GMA News