No casualty has been reported in Romblon after a magnitude 4.8 earthquake struck the municipality of Odiongan on Saturday morning, the Romblon Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (PDRRMO) said Sunday.
In a Super Radyo dzBB interview, retired Colonel Roseller Muros of Romblon PDRRMO said there is no official report on the estimated damage in Odiongan yet, but said there were no casualties reported, so far.
“So far, walang damage na gumuho na mga gusali, at injuries o kaya casualties,” he said.
(There is no damage like collapsed buildings, and no injuries or casualties.)
A bridge in the municipality of Ferrol, however, suffered cracks and will not be passable in the meantime, he added.
Muros said they are continuously monitoring the situation in the province, particularly in Odiongan where the location of the earthquake was recorded.
According to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS), the earthquake, which occurred at 8:40 a.m. on Saturday, was tectonic in origin and had a depth of 4 kilometers.
PHIVOLCS said damage and aftershocks were expected. —LBG, GMA Integrated News