The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced on Saturday that EDSA and other roads in Metro Manila were undergoing road reblocking and repairs until May 8.
In an advisory, the MMDA advised motorists to avoid taking these routes:
1. C-5 Road (NB), Caparas St., to fronting SM Hypermarket (Opposite side), Pasig City.
2. C-5 Road (SB) infront of UP Henry Sy Bldg. (2nd lane), Makati City
3. EDSA (SB) below Ayala MRT Station infront of SM Makati, Makati City.
4. EDSA (SB) Buendia Avenue Extension (2nd lane from bike lane), Makati City.
5. EDSA (SB) fronting Panorama Bldg., (3rd lane from SM North Annex (2nd lane from center island/ Bus lane), Quezon City.
6. EDSA (SB) Cloverleaf interchange to Balintawak LRT Station (4th lane from sidewalk), Quezon City.
7. EDSA (SB) fronting Guzent to fronting 1081 EDSA Bldg., (2nd lane from sidewalk), Quezon City.
8. Luzon Avenue (NB) before Congressional Ave. Ext. (1st lane from plant box/ truck lane), Quezon City.
9. Commonwealth Ave. (SB) corner riverside to opposite Sandigan Bayan, (3rd lane from sidewalk), Quezon City.
10. Commonwealth Ave. (SB), Villa Beatriz to Intramuros Village, (1st and 2nd lane from sidewalk), Quezon City.
11. C-5 E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue (SB), fronting Unioil Gasoline Station to fronting Cebuana Lhuillier, Quezon City.
12. EDSA (NB), between SGT. Mariano St., and Aurora Boulevard (NB) (1st lane from sidewalk), Pasay City.
13. EDSA (NB), from Mahal Kita Hotel to Taft Avenue (first lane from the sidewalk), Pasay City.
14. Mc Arthur Highway Southbound (K0010) + (-314) to K0010 + 201 Malabon City.
15. C-5 Road Doña Julia Vargas intersection near Shell Gasoline Station, along Pasig Blvd. (Westbound) near Universal Robina Corporation, along C-5 Service Road, Bagong Ilog infront of RLC Residences, Pasig City.
16. EDSA Kamuning (SB) from Kamuning Road to 3rd Road, 2nd lane (travel lanes), Quezon City
The road reblocking and repairs began at 11 p.m. on Friday, May 5.
The affected roads will be fully passable by 5 a.m. on Monday, May 8, according to the MMDA. —Richa Noriega/VBL, GMA Integrated News