Carla Abellana granted a protection order against Tom Rodriguez
Carla Abellana was granted a protection order against Tom Rodriguez following their separation.
On Thursday's episode of "Fast Talk With Boy Abunda," the Kapuso actress said she filed the application for a protection order under the local courts.
Carla said the details cannot be publicly disclosed. The legal basis was also not provided, but her lawyer, Atty. Peter Sanchez, said it is different from a gag order when asked by Tito Boy.
The King of Talk also asked if Carla and Tom are allowed to be close to each other under the protection order.
The actress previously said she is willing to talk to Tom again someday, and as they work in the same industry, they may run into each other at some point.
"It's actually for her to invoke protection," Sanchez said. "If they are in the same building, the same locality, if she doesn't feel threatened or in any manner uncomfortable, she can opt not to."
"Once she feels, 'I don't like this feeling anymore,' she can request the other party to leave in accordance with the orders of the court."
Carla and Tom tied the knot in October 2021. Rumors of their breakup began when Tom unfollowed Carla on Instagram in January last year.
Tom filed for divorce in the United States, as he is an American citizen. Carla said she has already received the divorce decree and has already filed a petition for the recognition of the foreign judgment.
—MGP/LA, GMA Integrated News