The Movie and Television Review Classifications Board (MTRCB) has suspended "It's Showtime" for 12 airing days.
It issued its decision to suspend the noontime show on Monday, after several viewers lodged multiple complaints about its July 25 episode, where It's Showtime hosts allegedly acted in an indecent manner in the "Isip Bata" segment.
Its Hearing and Adjudication Committee heard the case, required its respondents to submit their position papers, and followed a procedural process, the MTRCB said.
According to its statement, respondents may file a motion for reconsideration within 15 days after receipt of the decision.
Just this year, "It's Showtime" received two warnings from the MTRCB: For its January 24 episode, when hosts Jhong Hilario and Vice Ganda allegedly uttered the word "G spot" inappropriately, and for its June 3 episode, when host Vhong Navarro said the word "tinggil" inappropriately.
Meanwhile, MTRCB noted that this isn't the first time "It's Showtime" was suspended by the MTRCB. Back in 2010, the MTRCB imposed a 20-day preventive suspension on variety program "Showtime."
On July 31, the MTRCB summoned "It's Showtime" producers over alleged "indecent acts" of Vice Ganda and Ion Perez on the segment "Isip Bata" of its July 25 episode.
In the segment, Vice and Ion, who wed in a non-legal ceremony in Las Vegas last year, can be seen eating a cake. The complaint alleged that the scene portrayed "indecent acts."
In a statement, ABS-CBN said they will file a motion for reconsideration with the MTRCB.
"We will submit a Motion for Reconsideration as we humbly maintain there was no violation of pertinent law," the statement read.
"We are also committed to working with the MTRCB to ensure that 'It's Showtime' can continue to bring joy and entertainment to our noontime viewers."
— LA/MGP, GMA Integrated News