Barbie Forteza recalls walking out of TV guesting over 'unprofessional' treatment
Barbie Forteza admitted that she once walked out of a television guesting due to what she described as unprofessionalism from the production team.
In an episode of the “Trggrd!” podcast uploaded on May 8, the Kapuso Prime Princess recalled arriving at the TV show’s set in the morning after a taping that wrapped up at 1 a.m.
“Wala na po 'to, matagal na po ito,” she said. “Puyat ako noon galing taping, tapos ang call time was 11 ng tanghali sa may Pasay.”
The night before, Barbie said she had requested that her schedule be adjusted after lunch because she was still shooting past midnight, but the production declined the request.
Despite the lack of rest, Barbie said she still arrived on time for the guesting, only to discover later that another guest had been prioritized ahead of her.
“So andon kami ng 11 [kahit puyat],” she said. “Pero sabi ko, parang mag-aala-una na [ng hapon], wala pa rin.”
“Malaman-laman namin ni mama may inunang guest,” she added.
Because of the situation, Barbie said she eventually decided to leave the set.
“Ang sa 'kin lang, let’s be professional,” she said. “Kahit naman ako, marami na akong kaibigang production staff, pero kung binigyan ka ng call time na ganito, you respect it, you honor it.”
She added that the production team later reached out to apologize, including the show’s hosts.
"It was very unprofessional on their part,” Barbie said.
“Ang sa 'kin lang, ayoko sana gawin ‘yon pero... I just want to give out a message na you can’t do that to anyone na you think that’s any less of someone else. Respeto, mutual respect tayo,” she added.
Barbie is set to star in “Honor Thy Mother” alongside Sharon Cuneta, which is a collaboration of three media giants, GMA Network, ABS-CBN, and Prime Video.
She said previously that working with Sharon is a “dream come true” because the veteran actress was one of her inspirations when she entered show business. —Hermes Joy Tunac/CDC, GMA News